Overview of Photo Mechanic Plus
Photo Mechanic Plus contains all the features of Photo Mechanic 6 and extends Photo Mechanic with catalogs. Photo Mechanic Plus is a fast media manager and browser for viewing, organizing, archiving, and finding digital photo collections. View your new digital photos fast, or locate and manage your complete collection in one or more catalogs across many external drives. You can even manage a million photos at once.
From right after your shoot, to finding photos for clients years later, Photo Mechanic Plus takes work out of your workflow and helps you work the way you want.
New Licenses and Upgrade Pricing
- A new license is $329 (USD).
- An upgrade from Photo Mechanic 6 to Photo Mechanic Plus is $160.
- Upgrading from Photo Mechanic version 5 depends on when you purchased that license:
- If you purchased your Photo Mechanic version 5 license after Jan 1, 2018, you would be eligible for a free upgrade to Photo Mechanic 6. Therefore, an upgrade from Photo Mechanic version 5 to Photo Mechanic Plus would be $160.
- If you purchased Photo Mechanic version 5 prior to that date, the cost of the upgrade to Photo Mechanic Plus would be $269.
To check your upgrade eligibility, you can login to your Camera Bits account anytime at: https://store.camerabits.com/account. After you are logged in, click on the "Buy" link to see your upgrade price if you are eligible.
Trial Photo Mechanic Plus
The 30-day free trial of Photo Mechanic currently includes the full functionality of Photo Mechanic Plus. After your trial is over, you can decide which edition to purchase. Even if you have already had a free trial of Photo Mechanic 6, free trials have been “reset” to give all current users a chance to try Photo Mechanic Plus.
Current Users of Photo Mechanic 6
Once Photo Mechanic Plus is working on your computer, we recommend that you uninstall Photo Mechanic 6. There are currently no features in Photo Mechanic 6 that you cannot find in Photo Mechanic Plus. Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus share the same preferences, connection settings, and snapshots.
While it is technically possible to switch between Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus, we do not recommend it since all the features of Photo Mechanic 6 are already included in Photo Mechanic Plus. We recommend that you uninstall Photo Mechanic 6 after you upgrade and use Photo Mechanic Plus for everything from culling and tagging to filtering and catalogs.