Start a new topic
In Progress

HEIC file support

Support for Apple's native image format. Having to convert to a JPEG (or other format) that can be manipulated by Photo Mechanic is far from ideal. 

I need another tool to perform the conversion, which creates files that can be 2-3x larger with no gain in quality.

2 people like this idea

Thanks for your suggestion. It's a great idea and something we may implement in the future. 

If anyone reading this is also interested in the feature, use the "Do you like this idea?" link to let us know you're interested. User interest helps us prioritize. 

I would like to have HEIC files supported by PM.  My iPhone is my most used camera and the original HEIC files look good, so it is a pity to have to convert them.

This will be even more important now that Canon has announced the upcoming EOS 1D X Mark III will support the format:

https://petapixel.com/2019/10/31/canon-has-moved-on-to-heif-but-wont-ditch-jpeg-completely-yet/

I'm happy to announce that we are working on adding HEIC support. I don't have a specific date for release, but I will keep you updated. Thanks everyone for giving us your feedback. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment