Start a new topic
Implemented

new Google Licensable Feature in image search

Google is introducing a new feature in image search whereby images will have a licensable badge and info on where to buy a licence. This requires adding URLs in various IPTC fields as per the following article https://iptc.org/standards/photo-metadata/quick-guide-to-iptc-photo-metadata-and-google-images/

It needs a "Web statement of rights" which I presume in photomechanic is the "image rights " box with the source and copyright url fields being the important ones. However I am not sure which field represents the "Licensor URL". Any suggestions or is this a field not yet within photo mechanic ?

Hi Jonathan. Good news.  We are currently working on adding the XMP: licensor URL field. I can't give you a specific time when it will be released, but I'll try to keep you updated. 

Thanks, the google feature is not out yet so we have time before its needed :o)

Thanks for letting us know you are working on it. Years of avoiding Bridge/PS captioning has been great. Would be invaluable to have asap.

Please keep it a high priority. I see its 6 months since the last comments.

An invaluable addition. 

Would like to continue to stay away from Bridge/PS captioning when so easily done in PM.

We all want to be ready to have our images maybe making that little more for us. ;)

Found it.

With this in mind..  could you please also give a bit more consideration to this request:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/discussions/topics/48000559853

It will be invaluable to ensure websafe filenames are created that can be used in the Licensor URL fields, allowing Google to direct you straight to the correct file.

Thanks!

Good news - as long as everything goes according to plan, the licenser URL field should be out in the next release.

That's a good point on the filenames, Jason. I'll bring it up with the team. 

Marziah, I was under the impression that the Licensor URL fields were already IN Photomechanic 6..  I included a screenshot of it in that link above... am I mistaken?

Oh, you're right. It is already out there. I don't know why I was thinking it would be out next release. Here's Mick's excellent post on how to use it. 

Login or Signup to post a comment