Start a new topic
Planned

Colour coding Categories in the Structured Keywords panel (Windows)

In the Windows version of PM, Synonyms in the Structured Keywords Panel are shown in bold.  There is, however, no visual differentiation between Categories and Keywords.

Yesterday I wasted a lot of time trying to work out why a number of expected synonyms were not appearing in my collection of keywords, despite "Apply synonyms along entire path" being selected.  I eventually discovered that what I thought was a Keyword was in fact a Category.  It should not be necessary to right click any particular entry to see whether it is a Keyword or Category (and even then you can only tell by looking to see what it can be changed to, and work out what it is by a process of elimination).

I believe the Mac version may already have colour coding.  Whether or not this is correct, my request is that in the Windows version (at least) there should be an option to colour code entries in the Structured Keywords panel, so that the user can see at a glance whether something is a Keyword, Category or Synonym.  The bold for Synonyms helps, but I would like to see each having its own colour (preferably user selectable for each type), so that there is no confusion.

Thank you for considering.

Graham

1 Comment

The Mac version does make keywords green. This is a great suggestion to make the two versions consistent. Has anyone else run into this issue? 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment