Start a new topic
Not Taken

Support for Hasselblad Raw

Could you add support for .3FR & .FFF please?  Or at least .FFF ?

Thanks!

1 person likes this idea

I spoke with our developers, and we're not going to work on this at this time. Hasselblad doesn't embed previews in their RAW formats, so even with direct support for the file format this would still be slow. You can use RAW rendering with Adobe DNG Converter now, but it's still going to be slow. Your best bet is to try converting the files to DNG, which should be much faster. If Hasselblad were to start embedding previews, this would be a totally different story and it would likely make sense for us to start supporting their format.

Please feel free to call or email support if you have any questions. 

Thanks - I understand the issue, and yes, it's a bit of a blocker :-(

Sorry to come back again on this, but are you SURE ?

If I open a .3FR file in FastRawViewer, first, it's fast :-) ....  and it allows me to switch between the FRV Raw render, and, so they say, an internal JPEG.  The colour on the FRV render is way off... but the colour on the JPEG is pretty much (i.e 100% same) as default render in Hasselblad Phocus.  I'm pretty sure that FRV does not include Hasselblad calibration code, and in any case, why would they misrepresent things?  Other applications also appear to read an embedded JPEG, e.g. PhotoSupreme, Full Frame.

But you, the acknowledge experts at this stuff, can't?  Really?

Login or Signup to post a comment