Start a new topic
Deferred

Increase Zoom range for Contact Sheet view

I would like to be able to zoom quite a bit more on the Contact Sheet than what is allowed now, I believe it would help me in culling photos.

Larger than 800%? 

I assume yes, I don't see a field noting what the zoom level is. I use a 55 inch 4k TV as a monitor and when all the way zoomed in there is a grid of 6 x 3.5 photos visible. I would like the zoom control to allow continuing to zoom in until the grid is roughly 3x2 or perhaps 2x2 full pics with a bit of partial pics on the right & bottom edges.

To zoom in all the way to 800%, you need to be using the Preview window

I had used the preview window quite a bit for inspecting individual pics but hadn't tried the side by side mode. It takes care of a lot of what I was looking for but I would like to have the magnifying glass tool available in this view like it is on the Contact sheet. Is it there & I just don't see it? Zooming in with Lock Scrolling set is a good alternative but is clumsy for taking a quick peek at a given spot. Alternatively, is there a way to have it zoom centered on the position of the mouse when Z is pressed?

Z zooms on the center of the image, but you can use the modifier key and arrows to pan around. 

Thank you for the responses, much appreciated!

Login or Signup to post a comment