To export all of your preferences so you can move them to a new computer:
- Open up the Preferences window in Photo Mechanic®.
- Select the “Export” button at the bottom.
- The “Export Preferences Settings” window will pop up with a long list of settings for both your preferences as well as IPTC metadata.
- You can highlight specific folders or export them all to a removable disk.
- Move the exported files to your new computer.
- Open the Preferences in Photo Mechanic on your new computer.
- Select the “Import” button at the bottom of the window to add them.
Tip: Be sure to deactivate your license on your old computer if you no longer plan on using it.