- Download the latest installer from http://www.camerabits.com/downloads
- Choose the version for your operating system.
- Check for any known issues.
- When the download is complete, click on the installer (or double-click as appropriate.)
In some cases, you may need to install the software while logged in as the administrator of your computer. If you have problems installing, check that you have proper permissions for your user account on your computer.
When you download and install Photo Mechanic, you will be prompted to register with your license key.
License Key: When you purchase Photo Mechanic, a link to your license key is emailed to you.
Name or Company: This field is required. Fill it out exactly as it appears in your purchase confirmation.
Department: This field is not required for individual licenses.
Description: Please describe the computer you are registering in a way that you will remember which machine it is if you need to call support for help with your license.
Save your registration information. Your license allows you to install Photo Mechanic on up to three computers for use by the registered owner. Be sure to deactivate any licenses on computers you are no longer using.
If Photo Mechanic’s activation helper tells you that it cannot connect to the activation server, try:
- Verify that you are connected to the internet
- Disable any VPNs during activation
- Make sure you are entering your computer administrator password, which may be different than the one you used to log in to your account on camerabits.com