Each Photo Mechanic license is able to be activated on up to 3 computers using MacOS or Windows. Licenses are not Operating System specific.
Photo Mechanic operates almost identically in both Apple macOS® and Microsoft Windows®. MacOS and Windows use slightly different keyboard combinations for shortcuts. The menu bar for both versions shows you the keyboard shortcuts for each command.
System Requirements to Run Photo Mechanic
- macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) – 11.x (Big Sur)
- Windows 8 (64 bit), Windows 10
We generally suggest that our customers wait for at least three updates and back up their hard drives before upgrading to any new Operating System.
- At least 4GB of RAM (more if you're able, especially if you use Photo Mechanic alongside Adobe products).
- Your free disk space needs to be at least twice the amount of the largest memory cards you will be ingesting.
- A display with a minimum of 1024 by 768 using 32-bit color space or millions of colors.