To export all of your preferences so you can move them to a new computer:
- Open up the Preferences window in Photo Mechanic®.
- Select the “Export” button at the bottom.
- The “Export Preferences Settings” window will open with a list of all preferences to be exported
- Choose 'Select All' (unless you wish to only export specific preferences)
- Choose 'Export' and then save the file in a place that is easy to find (such as your desktop).
- Move the exported file (it will have a .PMX extension) to your other computer.
- Open Preferences in Photo Mechanic on the other computer.
- Select the “Import” button at the bottom of the window and locate the .PMX file that you created on your other computer.
- Choose 'Select All' in this window (unless you'd only like to import specific preferences)
- You'll be notified that Photo Mechanic will now quit. Launch the application again and it will be using all of the imported preferences.
Tip: If you no longer plan to use Photo Mechanic on the computer that you exported your preferences from, be sure to deactivate your license on the old computer.